Saturday 29 November 2014

What is the difference between a twig and a stick?

Scarlett's homework for the weekend is to find 20 twigs/sticks. 


If it isn't bad enough that my poor 5 year old has home work, or as they call it a 'home task' I now have to try and figure out what the difference between a twig and a stick is. 

What happens if we pick up just twigs? What happens if we just pick up sticks? What is the dictionary difference between the two? Will my child be judged by her classmates if we don't pick the perfect twigs/sticks? Am I thinking about this too much? 

I'm all for helping my child learn and she won't even realise what she is doing but come on, give the kids a break, homework at 5 years old?! 

Being the good parent that I am, I spent my afternoon rummaging around the park like a mad woman looking for the perfect stick/ twig and checking my pile battling between what is a twig and what is a stick. 

Scarlett was as useful as a stick as she was just shouting at me for leaving her scooter while she ran around the grass. 

As if life wasn't hard enough! 


Oh, they look so pathetic! I'm going to have to get some more tomorrow.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment