Saturday 8 November 2014

I did it!

Though it has taken me until now to get over the tiredness, saying that, I'm still cream crackered! 

Scarletts party went off without a hitch...almost. 

First the people at the party (they were lifeguards not party planners so I can't really blame them) didn't even know there was a party happening. 

They thought we were just stood outside gazing at the deflated bouncy castle just for fun. So after some major huffing and puffing the bouncy castle was erected and the party was ready to start...except there were no children. 

Half 1 rolled around and there were only 2 children at a party which was due to start at 1.15pm. 

There was general confusion when I asked my mum who booked the party. She varied the times between 1pm and 1.30pm and even the day before she said she 'thought' the party was at half 1. 

By ten to 2 children had started arriving and I was moaning that they were all late. (Ha I know says me, but it was my daughters birthday so I did not think it was ok for anyone to be late.)

At half 2 it was food time and I learnt a valuable lesson...do not have 21 party horns around 21 children as it equals a headache when they all blow them simultaneously. 

Apart from that, the party was great, though next year I will just take a select few out to Mc Donald's I think oh and not let my mother write the invites. Turns out she had told everyone the party started at 1.45. 

I know you may think it's my fault for not writing the invites myself but my writing is horrific so everyone would have ended up in Southend rather than Splash Point. 

Scarlett did make a good pirate though... 



I was not happy on the way home when she moaned and said:

"There's rubbish in my party bag!"

Me: "It's cake wrapped in a napkin!"

Scarlett: "Oh." 

She has been given lots of beautiful presents, mostly Frozen themed, though she may be a bit 'frozened out.'

I asked her yesterday is she wanted to watch Frozen and she said:

"No. I want to watch Rugrats." 

There is no pleasing some kids! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment