Saturday 29 November 2014

How long is it appropriate to stay at the park?

I'm sat freezing cold desperately wanting to leave the park. We have only been here about 15 minutes but I want to leave already. 

How long is it appropriate and fair to stay at the park? 

Till the time it takes to drink a coffee? 

When my child pushes another child off the swing as it's "my turn."

When you spot an ex with his child? 

After updating your Facebook status to 'At the park with my beautiful baby' to show you spend quality time with your child, yet no one knows you are walking out of the past as you post it? 

After 10 minutes when your fingers have turned blue? (as you have been using your phone...see above.) 

When you have tried to quietly bribe your child with sweets if they leave the park now? (But you know all of the other parents heard by the judging looks in their faces.) 

I'm going to try...

"Scarlett if we leave now, we can do your homework when we get home." 

Then I will be praised by the other parents for being a fabulous mother and they will congratulate me on my perfect child as we walk into the sunset. 

Ha yea right, I'm using the sweet bribe. 








No comments:

Post a Comment