Saturday 15 November 2014

Overeaters Anonymous

I was reading my magazine earlier when I turned to the help page and read this....


Sorry, it's wet as I was in the bath but I was shocked to read the advice was:

'If you can't cut back on your own Overeaters Anonymous (oagb.org.uk) can offer great psychological support to break bad diet habits.' 

I laughed that the advice was to go to Overeaters Anonymous and then I started thinking about my own eating habits. 

I started a new diet yesterday, I did 100 squats, 100 lunges, 100 sit ups and a 10 minute tummy tone DVD. I was so proud and determined to carry it on until Christmas so then I didn't have to worry about stuffing my face on Christmas Day (I say worry but it would be a fleeting thought while I reach for the Quality Street.) 

Anyway, today I walked to work (don't all cheer at once, it's 5 minutes from my flat) and I dodged the chocolates that were offered this morning and I only ate the first chocolate from my advent calendar on my desk. Willpower. 

After my lunch of fruit and not much else, I went back to work and hid my advent calendar under my desk as it was staring at me. An hour later it was screaming at me to eat more, so grudgingly I ate the Mars bar behind door number 24. Then I ate the chocolate from door number 2.

I stopped and flipped the calendar over and worked out I would consume over 600 calories if I ate all of it, so I kicked it back under my desk (to finish tomorrow.)  

I had beans on toast for dinner and then gave Scarlett a small kinder bar as she ate all of her dinner. Well, I ate all of my dinner so I are a kinder bar too. Oh no, I mean two, I ate two as they are so small. 

There are now 6 wrappers in front of me, a box of empty jelly babies and a half eaten packet of Drumstick chewy sweets.

Suddenly, the Overeaters Anonymous website looks appealing... 

The first thing that strikes me on their website is that the paper people logo has people on it that are too thin for an overeaters group but they are colourful. 

There are 12 steps, which is 11 too many for me. 

I clicked on the bit relevant to me:

'Do I have a problem with food?'

Hmm, not really food but chocolate, I have a problem with chocolate as it tends to fall into my mouth and stick to my tummy and thighs creating wobbly bits. 

There are 15 questions to determine if I have a problem with food. I answer no to the majority but number 13 asks: 

'Are there certain foods you can't stop eating after the first bite?'

Erm, yes. 

I don't think I am on the journey to a 'compulsive overeating problem' chocolate and women tends to go hand in hand but the questions are definitely interesting. 

I have put down the remaining 10 bars (they are mini) of Kinder chocolate and will put them at the back of the cupboard but if they creep back out later on, I may just have to look at the steps to recovery.

Are you an overeater? Log onto:

www.oagb.org.uk

 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment