Sunday 12 October 2014

Wormy

I can't stop reading at the moment. I think it's a subconscious act to try and make myself smarter although in not sure reading about Anna Nicole Smith and now Bear Grylls' true epic survival stories is really going to help me. 

I'm not sure I'm going to find myself in the middle of a jungle or in sub zero temperatures anytime soon...I hope. 

I started watching a film with Scarlett but became so engrossed in the book she had a go at me! 



At least my books are easy to read, Scarlett got a book out of the library which explains about phonics. I know a bit about them from when I was a teaching assistant (for all of about 5 minutes, my downfall was my 'ridiculous shoes.' Some people have no style and petty opinions.) 

I started asking questions about the phonics and getting Scarlett to repeat the words after me, her response...

"Oh, just read the book!" 



So when I tried getting her to do her homework (I'm all for kids learning but I'm questioning if 4 is a bit young for homework?) of course I went through it with Scarlett though. 

After asking her to look around the room for something that also began with the letter S and she said...

"How about we play I spy with my little eye instead? I spy with my ickle eye, something beginning with pink." 


I'll keep persevering!  


No comments:

Post a Comment