Wednesday 29 October 2014

Hump day!


Now, I was not aware of Hump day until recently and if you're not sure of what I'm talking about read on, I promise it's not what you are thinking. 

Hump day is the middle of the working week (Wednesday) so when someone says it's Hump day, don't throw a sicky and jump into bed with your partner, get to work and think thank whoever you need to thank that it's nearly Friday! 

Happy hump day is the acknowledgement that it's half way through the week. 

The happiest time of Hump day is generally 5pm as then it's nearly Thursday and Friday is in sight. 

So happy Hump day fellow readers! Spread the Hump love! 

In generally life today though of course I created a catastrophe. 

I like salt as much as the next person but after spending an hour simmering my chicken in white wine sauce and about to chew my own arm off through hunger, I thought,

'Ah, this needs some salt.'

What I wasn't banking on was the lid coming off the brand new salt pot and making my plate look like a snow storm. 

It's my own fault though. Just before I poured the salt I threw away some rice as I had made too much. 

As the grains dropped into the bin, I thought about all the starving children in the world and how I was wasting and throwing food away, but I had made too much so what was I supposed to do?! 

Well get my comeuppance by not being able to eat any or my dinner or if I did eat it, die of sodium poisoning. 

I had a Mississippi mud pie yoghurt instead. Good job I prefer dessert but I would like get get through the day without making a calamity Jane of myself just one day.     

I have also been researching about candle making and have discovered I'm using the wrong wax and wicks. Ahhh!  

Things could be worse though. I'm reading this book....


Yes I know I'm reading about 3 books at the moment but variety is the spice of life so they say (whoever 'they' are? Answers on a postcard or email.) 

I always thought if I could time travel I would go back to Tudor times. I have no idea why, other than my fascination with Henry VIII and his wives. 

Not that I would fancy being one. In a school play years ago I played Jane Seymour (brilliantly, I must say) though I have always been more interested in Anne Boleyn, even though she met a horrific end. I think it's the way she had Henry VIII wrapped round her little finger. 

Hmm, think I may go and watch the film 'The other Boleyn girl.'

I do love a candle (keeps auto correcting) a scandal I meant to say, though I do also love a candle. 

Happy Hump day!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment