Monday 6 January 2014

We made it to 2014!

Scarlett has been complaining of a sore throat all day and this evening before bed everything was:

"I can't eat/ do that because it will hurt my throat."

This included tidying up, brushing teeth and getting undressed.

So still faffing about and with my patience waring at 7.45 pm, Scarlett was getting some milk to make her throat better, when while drinking it lets out the biggest fart. We both collapsed into fits of giggles, then whenever she went to take a sip of milk I would make a raspberry noise and we would laugh uncontrollably again.

"Stop making me laugh Mummy, I'm trying to drink my milk!"

Then she climbed back into bed and looked at me all serious and pointed at me

"You know what Mummy,  that very, very naughty girl Rapunzle cut off all her hair!"

We chatted for ages about her friends at playgroup and nursery then sung me to sleep (then pulled open my eyes and said "wake up!")

She's now in my bed again after crying her throat hurt (then knocked a cup of milk over my bed and demanded more milk as there was none left! No it's stinking out my sheets now, thanks love!)

We have come so far from the baby days, through the dark days and on the journey of being a single independent mother. Some days I have felt like everything is impossible, but tonight I realised nothing is impossible as long as we are together and as much as she needs me, I need her.

(Just as I wrote that she kissed me on the cheek, bless her.)

What I learnt today....according to slideshare.net apples are more effective at waking you up in the morning than coffee...well I will try that tomorrow after another predictible night of bed hopping with Scarlett tonight. I was exhausted today after being punched and kicked and swapping beds last night.

We may have made it to 2014 but being deprived of sleep, I may not make it to 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment