Tuesday 14 January 2014

Memory lane in the rain

I have astounded myself today......I actully went to Bokwa!

Not that I didn't want to, but I got home and made the mistake of laying in bed and didn't think I would move for the rest of the evening.

I knew I would kick myself if I didn't go, so I got on my bike (literally) and made a fool of myself. I pranced around the studio with a sweaty red face and got all of the steps wrong but I had such fun!

After I decided to take a detour and ride past my old flat. It's strange how just cycling down a street can evoke so many emotions.

I felt happy for the memories I have of my 4 years there (if only the walls could talk....well the guy that lives downstairs would have a few tales to tell of me actually.)

I felt sad that we are no longer in Scarletts childhood home, where she spoke her first words and took her first steps, but I the most overwhelming feeling I felt was- relief.

No more demands for bills, no more angry neighbours moaning about Scarlett crying (she wasn't allowed to cry as a baby apparently) no more sad memories.

When I locked that door on that flat (masionette actually) for the last time and walked away 5 months ago, it wasn't just a chapter I closed, it was the biggest part of my life.

Now is the time for new beginnings,  new memories, new challenges, new experiences and to leave the past where it belongs.

Ahh insight over, my cramp is returning. I must have looked like a right fruitcake earlier....I arrived home, dripping wet from the rain, put my bike in the garage and then had to walk around in circles in the driveway stomping my feet to get rid of the cramp that was threatening to cut me down in all of my poundering-ness.

I won the battle of the cramp earlier but I have not won the war....it's stomping time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment