Sunday 5 January 2014

Belated New Year ressie- Stop lying to Scarlett!

It occured to me today how much I lie to Scarlett. I only do it to protect her, or to stop her wasting time or money. It hit me when we were talking earlier, I was going to meet a friend and was dropping her home to my parents...

Scarlett: "Am I coming to see Charlotte?"

Me: "No you are going to see Grandma and Grandad."

Scarlett: "No, I want to come with you!"

She was getting upset, so I just came out with.....

Me: "Charlotte is not very well, I'm going to get her some medicine (*cough, wine*) then I will be back."

Scarlett: "Medicine to make her feel better?  Because shes not very well?"

Me: "Yes darling."

(Slap hand for being a terrible mother.)

If there is a ride outside a shop she wants to go on, Scarlett will ask me if she can go on it. I used to say it was broken but now she will say:

"NO IT'S NOT!"

So then I resorted to telling her I had no money...now she grabs my bag and says:

"You have got money, let me see."

And she rifles through and puts every coin she can find in the ride, I thank God for small mercy's when the ride is actually broken.

But I'm not the only porky teller. At bed time this evening after running around screaming, Scarlett dramatically fell to the floor and said:

"I'm sick, my tummy and mouth hurt from talking too much."

She moaned and groaned like the little actress she is, then she heard Grandma coming up the stairs and shreiked:

"Ahh Grandmas coming!!!!"

Me: "I thought you were sick?"

Scarlett: "Oh...."

Like mother like daughter.

I have also realised that I have broken 2 resolutions already and it's only the 4th of January

The first...Giving into Scarlett so easy.....she is snuggled in bed, my bed.

The second, The dryathlon is over. I cracked and had half a glass of wine....ok three quarters of a glass, It was a hard day!

At least I am being proactive on the driving front. I can't wait for my next lesson and am studying for my theory test already. Whoop road trip soon (ok in like a year when I eventually pass.) I have progressed from the last disaster lesson I had where I screamed constantly and refused to go over 20mph, I didn't get beeped at once and someone even thanked me....or was it just 2 fingers I saw?


Learnt today: Jackson Pollock was an American painter Who was well known for his unique style of drip painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment