Monday 22 June 2015

Packed lunch panic!

Scarlett has a school trip today and needs a packed lunch, simple right? 

WRONG...

I have never made her a packed lunch for school before as they give her a hot meal at lunch time (thank you government, least my taxes are feeding my child). So now, I am panicking. 

What the hell do I put in it?! It's ok when I'm out on a day trip and I can feed her whatever she wants, but what if I don't make it healthy enough? Or too healthy? Or I don't give her enough?

You see these stories in the paper about these 'bad' mothers that have sent their kids to school with a bar of chocolate in their lunch box and they get scolded by everyone, what if I end up in the paper with the label 'bad' Mother?! 

That's not even the worst part...I don't even have a lunch box in the house, I don't own one! Will a plastic bag suffice? 

No, then she will probably get bullied and get called a bag lady. 

Right, rational thinking......

...

...

...we may be here a while....

...

Ok, will use a takeaway pot as a lunch box (we all keep them don't we? Now I know why!) 

I will make ham sandwiches with best of both bread (healthy, but not too healthy), 4 cheese biscuits, 2 jammy dodgers, a packet of quavers and a banana. Done. 

It's looking a bit beige but I haven't got time to faff (I will stick a sachet of ketchup in to brighten it up a bit- we love ketchup me and Scarlett). Off on her school trip she goes! 

I'll let you know if I end up in the paper or if social services knock at my door...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment