Friday 5 June 2015

Epic breakthrough...

I have just had the moment that I have waited nearly 3 years for. I am relieved, excited and ecstatic...I have just spoken to Scarlett's Dad. 

To some having a conversation with your child's father is a mundane everyday occurrence (or annoyance), but to me, it was a moment that I will remember. I'm hoping that today marks the first day that we can rebuild our relationship as Scarlett's parents. 

I bumped into him on my way from picking up Scarlett, he was crouching down on the pavement and thought: what's that weirdo doing? Actually he is quite fit. Then I realised who he was. :/

We literally spoke about the incident on Wednesday that happened at school, he congratulated me on passing my driving test and told me Scarlett had fallen over when they went out for dinner last night. I finally got his telephone number in case of an emergency and gave him mine. We then said goodbye and walked off in opposite directions. 

Scarlett asked why we didn't hug and kept saying:

'You, me and Daddy'

Over and over but hopefully now we can be in the same scentence and the same room as each other. 

Today is an epic day and the future looks bright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment