Friday 5 December 2014

Teachers pet

I was browsing the Mumsnet 'coffee shop' when I came across a thread about what to buy your child's teacher for a Christmas present...damn it, I hadn't even though about it! 

My child could have been the only one turning up on the last day of term without a gift, how ungrateful would we have looked? Or would we? 

Thinking about it, the rational part of me thinks:

'They are doing their job, why do I need to buy them a present? They don't buy me one for being a (fantastic) parent.'

The other soft part of me (which also houses the diet sabotaging devil) says: 

'You just HAVE to give the teacher a present, otherwise you are just MEAN.'

So, off to Google I went and found this on www.allpartythings.co.uk


It is different, special and undeniably thoughtful but then I thought...how can I beat that? 

Ah ha! By making something! 

So this weekend I am going to attempt to make cupcakes with Scarlett and make them presentable enough to give as an actual present. 

I have a couple of weeks left before the end of term to get them perfect and seeing as my diet hasn't started, I can eat the cakes that will not be up to scratch, bonous! (I'm estimating that will be about 100 cupcakes.) 

I am also going to get Scarlett to make and write her teachers card, which again may take a few tries to get right (I'm estimating a mini rainforest may be devestated for our card usage) but I will make sure it is perfect. 

My advice for teachers presents is to be creative and make your own presents but maybe have a bought present back up plan just in case. 






No comments:

Post a Comment