Wednesday 3 December 2014

Shopping @Lidl #lidlsurprises

I'm not a snob but when I decided to go and check out my local Lidl, I was filled with trepidation. 

 I don't know why but saying that I shop at Lidl is not a sentence I though I would ever use, even the advert on TV for Lidl has many people gawping in shock that they have been trying things from Lidl. 

My local store is 5 minutes away from me so I thought, if I can save a few pennies and still be able to afford a decent bottle of wine, then why not? 

Armed with my pink fluffy pen (I couldn't find a inconspicuous pen) I went to investigate further. 

To my delight, one of the first things I saw in the store was chocolate, not just any chocolate but chocolate for under 50p. I loved Lidl already. 

My eyes and nose were drawn across the store to find out where the smell of fresh bread was coming from, it was from an in store bakery! 

Things just keep getting better and better, even more so when I saw the medium size baguettes were only 19p.

The whole store was filled with #lidlsurprises 

The store also stocks well know name brands if you are wary of trying new things. 

I went through the store and wrote down a few prices for the food which I use most during the week to see how the prices compare with my usual weekly shop: 

large free range eggs 99p 
350g Mature Cheese £1.75 
Grapes £1.79 
Raspberries £1.69 
Hoops breakfast cereal £1.15 
Granola £1.79 
Golden syrup porridge packets x 8 99p Goodfellas pizza £1.50 
Cucumber 29p 
3 x peppers 89p 
Hovis medium sliced white bread 69p Organic carrots 79p 
Chocolate cake £1.75 
Chicken breasts x 4 £3.49 
Heinz baked beans x 4 cans £2.40 
Heinz tomato soup x 4 cans £2.00 Organic mince £1.75 
2 pints of milk 79p 
Bacon £1.29 
Chocolate cheesecake £2.99 (not essential but...actually it is essential.) Bottle of Australian cabernet sauvignon £4.09 (#lidlsurprises)

I came out of the shop (for some reason felt like I was in France inside, I thought I was on holiday for a moment!) skipping with glee and worked out I could probably get my weekly shopping budget down to £25.00 per week and as the shop is not the industrial size of Tesco or Morrisons, I didn't waste 2 hours of my time trying to find everything and I didn't get distracted by things which I didn't need. 

I saved time and money! I am now proud to say I am a Lidl customer and urge you to check out your local store to see what #lidlsurprises you can find. #lidllove


No comments:

Post a Comment