Monday 18 January 2016

Oblivious

Victoria tube station users were not impressed with me this morning, nor I with them.

After a two and a half hour train journey from Angmering to London Victoria, the mood on the train was spiky.

Workers phoned their offices one after the other to apologise for being late due to a signalling problem, but there is a silver lining...

Southern rail have a scheme in place of delay, don't pay. All I have to do is fill in a form to get my £30.80 back, cheers.

I digress, so this morning I had my suitcase with me. It is small enough to be classed as hand luggage on a plane, but large enough fir people to see...so you would think.

The amount of people that kicked, tripped and nearly fell flat on their faces because of my suitcase was hilarious.

I did feel a bit bad, but after being glared at for the millionth time, I just laughted. Should have gone to Specsavers.

I jogged the now familiar path to work this morning excited to get back to what I love, writing.

The day went by without a blip but on my way back to my hostel Palmers Lodge, I started to have mixed feelings.

I felt like I was walking back to a familiar place, somewhere that would look after me for the week. Then doubt threw a cloak over me and as happy as I am to be here, I have a yearning to be home.

Three months is a long time, I'm one week in and there is still a long stretch ahead.

I could sit here for the next 11 weeks and question myself and the decisions I have made but ultimately I know this is the right thing I am doing. I just hope everyone else does.

Gloom aside, I have just discovered there is a vending machine next to the tea and coffee. I stayed her all of last week and I have only just noticed, I must add be more observant to my to do list.

I have checked out my room, I am in a 12 bed dorm this time instead of and 8. There is stuff everywhere in the room, even I am shocked at the mess.

I am on the middle bunk of three, I keep having irrational thoughts that the top bunk os going to come down on me in the night. I hope it doesn't as I have just had a four course meal.

To start: A packet of Walkers finest salt and vinegar.

Course 2: Ham, cheese and pickle sandwich from M & S.

Course 3: Chocolate croissant.

Course 4: Chocolate chunk shortbread slice.

I feel sick, after eating nothing all day stuffing my face was a bad idea. Everything hurts, I need a lay down.

(I still can't upload pictures....insert me laying down on my bed with my feet holding the top bunk up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment