Friday 15 January 2016

London life week end


I knew smoking was bad for me, now i might have a reason to quit..

'Can I pinch a cigarette off you?' A young bloke asked me this morning, I almost shouted at him

'Are you aware how expensive it is to smoke?!'

But seeing as I only smoke a couple a day and I had the packet in my hand, I handed one over. With a grimace.

He is not the first person to ask either, almost every time I have had my daily vice, someone wants a cigarette.

Cigarettes are not only bad for me in the usual toxic way, but they are also bad for my stress levels. I'm funding everyone else's habit like a mug.

Walking to work in London over this past week has been an interesting experience.

There is a constant stream of horns like an orchestra, once one starts they all have a go. Then the sirens start, whining, wizzing and honking. Where I live in little old Worthing is as quiet as a mouse compared to here.

I have also noticed that I seem to be the only person in London who waits at the traffic lights until the little green man makes his appearance.

Everyone else is off and I'm left standing on the pavement knowing if I tried to run across, I would get my dream of slim- but only because I would have been flattened by a ten tonne HGV.

The weather has snapped from mild to frigging freezing. I own about two jumpers both of which are at home and I don't own a hat or scarf, so I am quite blue first thing in the morning and on my journey back to my hostel.

Londoners all seem to be wearing beanies, so maybe I will get one of those to blend in. Though, I'd probably stick out like a sore thumb.

I have just realised I have not stepped into a bar once or touched a drop of wine this week, what is going on in the world?! Must be time for a bottle tonight them!

It's Friday and I am now on the train home to Worthing.

I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter, my boyfriend and his three kids. I do have a problem though, I got on the wrong end of the train and am potentially on the way to Eastbourne. I'd better sign off for now!

Back for more London life next week!

(Insert picture of me looking frantic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment