Tuesday 2 February 2016

Rabbit hole: Every parents nightmare

To save myself from the drama of getting lost this evening I decided to go to the Hampstead theatre, a five minute walk from my hostel to watch a play called 'Rabbit Hole'.

I bagged myself a spot in the front row (I am getting pretty good at that now), and took in my surroundings.

The set was amazing and I nearly asked one of the staff if I could have the fitted kitchen when the play was over. (I didn't but if the set director is reading this, please email me and I will send my home address for you to send it to.) There were hidden rooms which appeared out of the darkness throughout the evening which brought a new dimension to the play that I haven't seen in theatre before.

When the characters first came onto the stage I recognised Becca the lead actress and realised she played the mother in 'Outnumbered' (Claire Skinner). She was standing literally about 2 feet away from me and I could see every blink of her eyes and breath she took. Something shifted in me, I had never felt such an emotional connection with a character straight away.

All of the actors and actresses conveyed every emotion perfectly, being so close to them meant I could literally look into their eyes and if they had faltered I would have seen it straight away. They were all so beautifully on point, I was close to tears more times than I care to admit.

If I had known what the play was about, I don't think I would have come, it would have been too much. However, I am so glad I walked in tonight not expecting anything because it made me completely connect with everything, it was very over-powering.

The acting was impeccable and the hard hitting story line is the nightmare for every parent, I am not going to give too much away but I will let you know the characters took us on a journey with them through their grief.

The acting from all on stage was so immense that I truly felt every word they said. It was absolutely incredible.

I am hoping I can handle watching it again as it is one of the most hard-hitting and beautiful productions I have ever seen.

Now I have to go to bed as I am emotionally drained, but in a good way.


No comments:

Post a Comment