Friday 6 February 2015

Banana Oat Muffin Recipe

I was going to vlog this but I don't have enough memory on my phone (sad times) so here is the recipie for yummy muffs, oh, no muffins cannot be shortened :/ 

Banana Oat Muffins: 

You will need...

• 125g plain flour 
• 1 tsp baking powder (I didn't have this so my muffs are a bit flat.) 
• 35g porridge oats (I used golden syrup flavoured oats as I didn't have plain.) 
• 1 egg
• 85g caster sugar
•125ml sunflower oil
• Pinch of salt (used sea salt...bad idea.) 
• 1 banana 

1. Pre heat oven to 160oC (how do you make the degrees sign? Maybe I need an app? Oh well, I'm sure you understand.) 

2. Put muffin cases in a muffin tray (I used cupcake cases and a cupcake tray, who owns a muffin tray?)

3. Sift the flour and baking powder (if you have it) into a bowl and stir in the oats. 

4. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, caster sugar, sunflower oil and salt (do not use sea salt!) 

5. Mash the banana. 

6. Add the egg mix to the flour and oats along with the banana and fold it (mix it.) 

7. Put a bit of mixture into each cupcake/ muffin case. 

8. Put in the oven for 15 minutes or until your muffs (sorry) are golden. 

9. Enjoy! According to the recipie which I found in Fabulous magazine, each muffin has 150 calories. 

It says there are 10g of fat in each muffin so I don't know if that cancels out the fact they are low in calories but they are yum...


Mmm I'm going to eat my fifth, I mean my fourth, no I mean my second...oh wait, I've eaten them all :/ 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment