Wednesday 9 December 2015

Zesty balls

Balls, glorious balls


This recipe is from 'Get the Glow' by Madeleine Shaw who I am kind of obsessed with at the moment in my aim to be a bit healthier. (don't tell her that I ate five digestive biscuits while making these.) I have posted this recipe before but this time I played around with it a little bit.

The standard recipe is for raw chocolate balls:

Ingredients

100g hazelnuts
100g desiccated coconut
100g fresh dates
50g raw cocao
3tbsp coconut oil and
pinch of salt

With the balls I made, I grated the zest of one orange and squeeze the juice into the mix to make chocolate orange balls, which were delicious.

Then I saw that I had loads of raisins in my cupboard and decided to make another batch of balls replacing the dates with raisins which actually worked, just. The mixture took a bit longer coming together but they tasted just a good. I split the batch in half and to one half added the zest and juice of one lemon.

I call them....zesty balls


I will play around with the balls again, I'm thinking about making them with the standard recipe and then coating them in melted chocolate, orange zest and flakes of gold.

My very own golden balls. Mmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment