Sunday 22 December 2013

Malta day 2!

After a rested nights sleep (I did catch 10 minutes on the plane, while holding onto Scarlett's Belt loops to make sure she didn't go walkies. - I'm not a bad mother, I spoke to the mother of the girl Scarlett had made friends with and said she did the same thing.) What's the best way to get around in a new country? A sightseeing bus! I booked a 2 day pass for us to explore Malta and today we were going to the capital Valletta! It took over an hour to get to but along the way we had views of the beautiful blue sea and old building, most of which look one Jenga block tug away from crashing to the ground. But that is Malta's charm, not the modern glass monstrosities which we chuck up in England but places which have real character, places that could tell a million stories. I was surprised at how hilly the place was, little ups and downs and cobbles. I admired (ok stalked a little bit) a woman with thigh high Louboutin's until I got distracted by a little train which toured around the town. Oh and we also went to a 5D theatre which Scarlett didn't like, the chairs moved, we got sprayed with water, and things jumped out of the screen-I thought it was brilliant but Scarlett just wanted to get out of there and get some lunch. So I thought a nice little restaurant with some traditional Maltese food would be lovely, unfortunately the golden arches won and a Maltese Maccy's d's it was. We carried on exploring before I realised we had to run and catch the last bus, unfortunately I jumped on the wrong line and frantically ran down the stairs yelling I needed to get off, the bus driver simply smiled and said "it's ok your bus is waiting for you, I am taking you to it." Oh oops, luckily the bus wasn't completely full, there was only about 10 other people on it. (Cue red face and windswept hair.)

No comments:

Post a Comment