Saturday 28 December 2013

Eat your Christmas tree, it's good for you!

I have been doing a lot of Googling in between this boring part between Christmas and New year.

Well it's not boring, but this time is always a bit blah while we wait for the new year to start so we can inevitably break our new year resolutions by the end of the first week of January. (Yes I have used the collective of we, you know you do too.)

So in my blah-ness I have been trying to keep one of my old resolutions....learning something new everyday.

I have Googled:

Things to pounder and the page it took me to asked...If a cow sneezes does milk come out of it's nose?

Shortest horror story.....called knock.The last man on earth sat in a room. There was a knock on the door.
By Fredric Brown.
That freaked me out a bit.

Old wives pregnancy tales (no I am not trying!) They were just the usual how to tell if you're having a boy/girl....pregnant women should stay away from polished furniture (false) I stayed away from polish and anything to do with cleaning while pregnant actully I still stay away from cleaning products, safety first.

Christmas facts.....

If you run out of food or fancy being a bit healthier, look no further than your Christmas Tree.  Parts of it can be eaten and the needles are a source of vitamin C.

And lastly I learnt I won't be visiting the Czech Republic without a partner....At christmas the czech's enjoy a dinner of fish soup. The number of people must be even or the person without a partner will die next year.

How superstitious are you? I'm not testing that one out.

Actually just re-googled to find my source and on
www.myczechrepublic.com it says...the first person to get up from the dinner table after dinner will die. Everyone must get up together.

I don't know if thats better or worse? 

Back to Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment