Friday 27 November 2015

"Oh, hello you look lovely today."

Hello, is it me you're looking for?

Everything has been manic over the past few weeks, Christmas has come knocking (how on earth did that happen?) and I don't even remember Easter happening.

Everything in life has been going well, Scarlett is now six and cheekier than ever. I am no longer a spinster, I have nearly finished my journalism course and will be an intern at a magazine in London in the new year which means I will be living there during the week. Life is pretty good at the moment, for me anyway.

There have been horrors going on in the world throughout the year, atrocities which are becoming more and more frequent. It makes everything around us seem a little darker and today I woke up and thought, why not try to spread some happiness and share some light.

My idea is simple (obviously), a compliment a day to a stranger.

I kicked off today by telling a woman what beautiful colour nail varnish she had. She looked genuinely pleased and we had a chat for about five minutes about our nails.

That is all it could take to make someone's day become a little brighter.

I am aware I am not Mother Theresa, but why not try and be a bit more positive?

I will tweet everyday with #acomplimentaday and hopefully it will catch on and everyone can share the compliments they have said to strangers.



No comments:

Post a Comment