Thursday 26 September 2013

Ever feel like an ogar?

Trying to relax but then just saw this face in the mirror. After just reading a scary story I practically had a heart attack!

Ok so the 2nd Hunger Games book is not really scary, but I am questioning it's suitability for children.

When I was a Teaching Assistant (for all of 5 minutes) all of the kids were reading the first one. I read the blurb and didn't think it was appropriate for me, let alone a ten year old. So I started reading the books and am onto the second to see what all of the hype is about.

Me and my mum had a debate about it as i stood by my first belief that it's not child appropriate. she said that it's about choosing right over wrong.

Really? with murder? I wouldn't let Scarlett read it when she's ten. What happened to the Biff and Chip books, with the magic key and Floppy the dog? Those stories have morals with talking spoons not bloody hands. What next? Stephen king's IT for Saturday morning pictures?

Why can't we leave them to be innocent and oblivious to the horrors of this world They are forced to grow up and face reality. Why should they? Let them believe in The Tooth Fairy and Father Christmas for as long as possible, let's not shatter their illusions there's time for that in the real world and they should not be in it yet.

Time for me to take my ogar face off and watch Sabrina the teenage Witch online.

Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment