Sunday 29 September 2013

Dilemma day.

I was totally freaking out earlier, I had a huge worry on my hands....what do you buy a 4 year old for their birthday???!

Scarlett went to her first official friends birthday party today. Yes she does have friends and has been invited before, but we have never been able to make it (I may have faked illness a couple of times) - but I was worried about being thrown to the perfect mother wolves!

Perfect little families, with their perfect husbands and perfect lives and then theres me, with my chaotic mess of a life.

Ok it's not that bad but I was worried about the little mother clicks and that I would be sat on my tiny childs chair in the corner, begging the legs not to break.

But the biggest childrens party dilemma of all.....the present. How big do you go? How much money do you spend? What happens if they don't like what I bought? Simple you may think, just put the reciept in the bag (yes I bought a gift bag and tissue paper as I can't wrap for toffee.) Well I can't put a reciept in that says I bought the present ten minutes before the party started. Yes I am unorganised- thank you.

Then to add to my panic, my little darling Scarlett broke a very expensive tinkerbell figurine.  Thankfully when I offered to pay, the kind lady told me not to worry- otherwise that would have had to been the birthday present- Oh what was I doing not keeping an eye on my child for every second of the day...? Well I was sniffing a candle.

It wasn't even worth it, I couldn't smell it because of this cold. Think I may have overdosed on vicks and olbas oil though....ahh feels good.

Turns out the party was fine, we were just about on time, I spoke briefly to the other parents, who were all nice. I panicked when I thought I had written the wrong name in the card, thankfully I had the invite in my bag and checked it or else I would have been rifiling through the presents until I found it. My only mess up, I did leave the price tag on the present I bought, it was only £8.00 but I felt it was fair.

I settled on a puzzle in the end, well I was running out of time but if she doesn't like it then, well hopefully they won't tell me!

I thought before we arrived that maybe I shouldn't be so mean and I should throw Scarlett a party this year as I haven't for the last two, but after 2 hours and a burst ear drum later, I'm sticking with no. She can have one next year.

So the life of childrens parties begins...we have another in two weeks....a boys! Ahh better start looking for a present now. Oh and next time I must figure out who the childs mother is and introduce myself properly as it was a bit awkward while I spent the first hour trying to figure it out. There were a lot of people and it was all a bit confusing.

Right, time for my next dose of vicks, albas oil and buttercup. Night night sleep tight x

No comments:

Post a Comment