Tuesday 7 July 2015

On my christmas wish list...a placenta ring.


I kid you not, the above is a ring made from your placenta as a keepsake. You can chose to thread it on a necklace, or how about wearing it alongside a breast milk bracelet- made using your own finest milk! 


Baby Bee Hummingbirds is the brain child of Amy McGlade, who is a Midwife, Mother and owner of the most bizarre online shop that exists in Australia...probably even the world. 

When I looked down in horror at the placenta that I have just delivered, my first thought was - Oh my God, what the hell is that?! Get it away from me now! 

Amy McGlade's thought was, now that it what is missing from my jewellery- a nice bit of after birth. 

Each to their own, well done to her for actually starting up a business when times are tight. 

A breast milk bracelet from the website costs AU $75.00 roughly £36.00, which is not really that expensive, after all it's a keepsake that you can share with your kids in years to come. I can hear the screech of a teenage daughter now...

'Mum, where is that boobie milk bracelet?! It goes perfectly with my white prom dress.' 

If you would like Amy to make you some jewellery by recycling your breast milk or innards, her website is- www.babybeehummingbirds.com.au 

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment